This applies to Server 2012 and newer, but these directions are from when I moved VMs from a 2012 cluster to a 2012 R2 cluster.
- On the new cluster, right-click on the cluster and choose More Actions -> Copy Cluster Roles
- Choose the roles to copy, and then complete the wizard. This will set up the roles and their dependencies on the destination cluster.
- Shut down the VMs on the source cluster
- Take the relevant storage offline in Failover Cluster Manager (FCM)
- Disconnect the iSCSI volumes on all source cluster nodes
- Re-assign the LUNs to the new cluster nodes in your SAN of choice’s management console
- Connect the LUNs on the destination cluster nodes, but leave the disks offline in disk management
- In FCM, go to storage and bring the copied disks online. You should see the volume details reflected in the bottom details pane if all is successful.
- Start the VMs